One memorable moment

~~~~Back in 2007, I had the opportunity to reunite with my father at his house in Caguas.  I stopped seeing him when I was a little kid, mostly because he gave up calling or visiting me.  The day I met him I had to skip my classes at the University of Puerto Rico in Humacao, because I’d planned to be there at ten o’clock in the morning.  I got there really easy, because I lived in Caguas for a while when I was younger and I recognized the streets.  It turned out that he lives really close to where I used to live, but strangely I never ran into him.  When I first saw him I was a little nervous, he looked old.  We had many conversations about everything imaginable.  Catching up was great, until we got to the emotional part.  He apologized for leaving me all those years, and I forgave him because above all he is a human being.  We had dinner, we continued the chatting and almost at eleven o’clock p.m. I left his home, and never went back because I realized that I did not feel anything at all for that man.  I respect him, and I think he is one intelligent and bright person, but he failed as a dad.  Still I remember that day with such joy because he stopped being a fucking mystery and became a fucking memory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Am I wrong?

To my niece: